In addition to our advanced pre-surgical, surgical, and post-surgical intensive care and monitoring, there are a number of situations in which your pet may require intensive care support.
In the case of an injury or trauma, ingestion of a foreign body or toxin, an allergic reaction, or during a prolonged illness, Galesburg Animal Hospital will employ the latest technology to determine your pet’s moment-to-moment health needs and support their recovery.
- Idexx Clinical Laboratory Suite provides immediate lab results
- Electrocardiogram monitors heart health.
- Pulse Oximetry keeps track of blood oxygen levels.
- Intravenous Fluids is available when animals can’t or won’t eat for an extended period. Nutrition is a key factory in recovery from surgery, illness, or trauma.
- Blood and Plasma Transfusions can be administered in cases of trauma, sever infections, toxicities, or bleeding tumors.
- Life Support Ventilation is available for cases in which oxygen is not enough.